In any disaster movie, traffic is ALWAYS awful. People freaking out, trying to get somewhere, and the highways are backed up for miles.
- Back roads are your friends! Out of the way roads can help you get somewhere more quickly than the clogged freeways. Just watch out for gathering zombies!
- Don’t waste any time- get to where you need to be fast. *Cough cough a store cough cough*
- Always keep a full tank of gas! Or, even better, get an electric car. Good for the environment, AND for saving money when gas prices skyrocket!
Hoodlums hijack your car? Can’t get to an airport? All nearby choppers currently in the sky? Here are some alternate transport methods!
- Ride the waves! Get a boat, wave runner or SOMETHING to get where you need to be.
- Public transport. Most likely buses and subways won’t be running. But hey- depends on the kind of disaster!
- Ride your bike or walk. Yeah, yeah, we know, this can be problematic. ‘specially with all the chaos going on. And not to mention zombies. Unless you have a chainsaw on hand, we recommend you traveling in pairs if you absolutely MUST walk or ride a bike.
Stay tuned for more apocalypse tips!