If you keep up with the television show American Idol, you would have already known that Kris Allen won the title as the “American Idol”. Of course I do not agree with this. I started writing a whole entire article saying why Kris Allen did not deserve it and analyzing every little detail. I got finished with him and was going to move onto Adam Lambert until I realized that I may have been a little too critical, and therefore, nobody would like that article anyway.
But anyways, I thought this was an interesting fact. According to Popeater.com who polled in over 222K people had a poll to the general American public asking them if they were happy with the winner and if they were going to buy Allen’s album. 57% were happy that Kris won, but 53% would not buy his album. I thought that was interesting because according to me, I would think one who got the title of American Idol should fulfill their title and want listeners and viewers to be excited for their album to come out just as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and even David Cook who’s album went platinum after last year’s winning.
I am genuinely happy that Kris won for his own sake. He was really a good guy, and even in the end was making it known that Adam also deserved the title with him. Kris was just a loveable guy, who couldn’t like him? My mother was furious that Kris won, and therefore banned this television show ever played in our household ever again (Just like the Bachelor, Bachelorette etc.) I was okay with it until I looked on the New York Times saying that AT&T may have had an impact on Adam’s loss of the title.
Free texting telephones:
- Given to Kris Allen fans at 2 parties after the final performances to cast voting for the American Idol
- Phones gave “power texts” which allowed 10 or more text messages to be casted with a single push of a button
- There was no similar advantages provided to runner-up Adam Lambert
How AT&T reacted:
- Fox Broadcasting declined to talk about the situation
- A spokesman from the AT&T company said, ““In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested.”
Why this is unfair:
- Providing “power texting” to only Kris Allen fans was unfair and biast
- It gave a HUGE advantage to him
- The fact that AT&T denied and made an excuse is unforgivable.
AT&T could have:
- Admitted their faults and apologized to Fox Broadcasting, Kris Allen, and Adam Lambert
- 2 American Idols could have been casted due to the phones
- Both Adam and Kris fans would have been more open-minded to the television show in the ed
Of course, this is my own opinion. AT&T could have solely been telling the truth and the casted votes would have been true. I am very disappointed in AT&T especially since my family and I were loyal customers for many years before switching to Verizon Wireless, and they also have loyal customers now. I just wonder how their company is or is going to be affected.