Vampires have not only been invading the box office, but they’re also in our homes.
And no, I’m not talking about the sparkling kind.
I’m talking about vampire power. The cell phone chargers and other electronics plugged into the wall- even if they’re not being used- waste energy. To enable devices to start immediately they need energy almost constantly. That’s the reason why things like your computer are warm to the touch.
So to continue looking up the Twilight cast’s latest interviews while still saving power, here are some simple solutions;
- Use a power strip. Plug all of your devices into the power strip and then just turn off the whole power strip when you’re done!
- Invest in energy-friendly electronics (like this cell phone charger featured on treehugger.com)
- Unplug your electronics. Sure, this is harder if you have a lot of things to unplug daily, but the cheapest way.
Roll with the good vamps, save electricity!