An equation we all know is healthy foods + a variety of that good food= a happy you! Now we’re not just talking about happy as in your body is happy to have foods that don’t poison it, I mean happy as in less stress type of happy. But what foods exactly improve your mood the most?
According to a very interesting Yahoo article, these foods are the best in terms of improving your mood and reducing stress:
- Dessert: Did you know that the generally accepted statement that “sugar gives you energy” or “sugar gives you hyper” is actually a myth? It is- sugar actually helps reduce stress, well in a certain amount. Too much and it will just make you moody.
- Toast and Jam: To prevent a whirlwind of mood swings, eat whole wheat bread with jam. Whole wheat stabilizes blood sugar whereas refined grains send your blood sugar wheeling, causing mood swings.
- Yogurt and Eggs: Found in fish, too, omega fatty acids are not only an important nutrient, but the Omega 3 Fatty Acid found in Yogurt and Eggs, called DHA is a natural anti-depressant, too. They
- Spinach: The folate in spinach also helps stop clinical depression.
- Black Bean Dip: Iron helps you sleep better, and we all know sleep helps your energy levels, which in turn effect your mood. Low on iron? Eat black bean dip.
So whenever you’re feeling low, eat one of these foods to get a boost to propel you through your day.
P.S. This was taken from a Yahoo! Article. We thought it was important enough that we should put it on our site. We sift through articles like this sometimes and find the ones that really matter to you and post our summary of the article. Here is the link to the article.